02 Wood Tex Classic
- Pigmented priming paint that penetrates and provides extra durability, hiding power and protection against moisture.
- Inhibits mould and mildew growth on the surface of the final treatment.
- Finish treatment with opaque wood stain or paint.
- Opaque priming paint
- Protects against moisture
- Extra durability
Protection equipment for: Spray painting: painting suit, full face mask with combined filter. Painting: eye protection, gloves. Sanding: respiratory protection.
Environment information: Clean off the paint from tools and wash them with water. Bring remains of fluent paint to the local recycling centre. Minimize your paint waste by pre-estimating how much paint you need. Keep the leftover paint for future use so you can effectively reduce the environmental impact.
NB! See also product datasheet.:
- Intermediate treatment of primed wood before finishing with opaque wood stain or paint. The substrate must be primed or previously treated.
Must be clean, dry, solid and suitable for paint treatment. Insufficiently protected cross-cut wood, water traps or the risk of water accumulation must not occur. The moisture level in the wood prior to paint treatment max.: Windows and doors: 12% ± 3; Overhangs, fences and cladding: 18%.
- Loose wood stain, paint and decayed wood fibres must be removed by sanding and cleaning
- Dirt, grease, chalking material and algae, mould and mildew must be removed by cleaning.
- Round off sharp edges for best possible hiding power
- All bare woodwork must be treated before or immediately after mounting
- Glossy, previously painted surfaces must be sanded matt.
- New or bare cleaned wood must be primed with Flügger 01 Wood Tex Classic Priming Oil.
- Substrate which has stood untreated for longer than 4 weeks must be cleaned and loose wood fibres removed
- Brush or roller.
- If applying using a roller, brush over afterwards.
- Choose appropriate tools for the desired finish.
- Apply wet-on-wet, and finish by brushing in the same direction.
- Cold or heat can affect the material’s viscosity
- Condensation must not form.
- Avoid working in direct sunlight.
- Cold weather and high atmospheric humidity increase the drying time, complete curing and re-treatment interval.
- High temperature and low atmospheric humidity reduce the drying time and complete curing.
- Always apply test treatments to check and accept the adhesion and results.
Cleaning of Tools etc.