06 Wood Tex Classic
- Semigloss thick opaque surface that hides the wood’s vein structure.
- Inhibits mould growth and mildew growth on the surface.
- Thick coats
- Good hiding power
- Maximum protection against moisture and water
Clean off the paint from tools and wash them with brush cleaner. Bring remains of fluent paint to the local recycling centre. Minimize your paint waste by pre-estimating how much paint you need. Keep the leftover paint for future use so you can effectively reduce the environmental impact.:
- Building structures such as eaves, gable cladding and facades. For light and dark types of wood, including pressure or vacuum-impregnated wood. The substrate must be primed or previously treated.
Must be clean, dry, solid and suitable for paint treatment. Insufficiently protected cross-cut wood, water traps or the risk of water accumulation must not occur. The moisture level in the wood prior to paint treatment max.: Windows and doors: 12% ± 3; Overhangs, fences and cladding: 18%.
- Loose wood stain, paint and decayed wood fibres must be removed by stripping and sanding.
- Remove dirt, filth, grease and chalking material with Facade Clean.
- Algae, mould and mildew must be removed by cleaning with Facade Anti-green.
- Round off sharp edges for best possible hiding power
- All bare woodwork must be treated before or immediately after mounting
- Glossy, previously painted surfaces must be sanded matt.
- New or bare cleaned wood must be primed with Flügger 01 Wood Tex Classic Priming Oil.
- Substrate which has stood untreated for longer than 4 weeks must be cleaned and loose wood fibres removed.
- Best durability achieved with two or more coatings.
- Brush or roller.
- If applying using a roller, brush over afterwards.
- Choose appropriate tools for the desired finish.
- Apply wet-on-wet, and finish by brushing in the same direction.
- Repaint at max. 14-day intervals to achieve the best possible adhesion between coats
- Always use the same batch no. for continuous/unbroken surfaces.
- Cold or heat can affect the material’s viscosity
- Condensation must not form.
- Avoid working in direct sunlight.
- Cold weather and high atmospheric humidity increase the drying time, complete curing and re-treatment interval.
- High temperature and low atmospheric humidity reduce the drying time and complete curing.
- Always apply test treatments to check and accept the adhesion and results.
Cleaning of Tools etc.