- Flat silicone paint that provides a highly diffusion-open surface with good weather resistance.
- Provides a living, changing surface.
- Flat surfaces
- Becomes vibrant and patinated over time
- Extra diffusion-open
Protection equipment for: Spray painting: painting suit, full face mask with combined filter. Painting: eye protection, gloves. Sanding: respiratory protection.
Environment information: Clean off the paint from tools and wash them with water. Bring remains of fluent paint to the local recycling centre. Minimize your paint waste by pre-estimating how much paint you need. Keep the leftover paint for future use so you can effectively reduce the environmental impact.
- New, untreated mineral facades such as lime mortar/cement plaster and substrates previously treated with silicate paint.
Must be clean, dry, firm and suitable for surface treatment. The surface must be completely dry containing no efflorescence. Rising ground moisture or moisture from cracks, protrusions such as water traps, uncovered wall coping or other constructions details must not be permitted. New, cement-based surfaces must be cured for at least 4 weeks before undergoing treatment. Leaching of salts and other water-soluble components must not occur. Cement-bound surfaces must be treated at the earliest after 4 weeks, brick at the earliest after 2 years.
- Remove precipitates, loose material and paint by washing and cleaning.
- Dirt, grease and contaminants should be removed using Façade Clean.
- Algae, mould and mould growth are removed by cleaningwith Façade Algae Remover.
- Larger cracks and other damage must be filled with cement-bound material.
- Prime new substrates and light chalking or absorbent surfaces using Flügger Facade Silicate Primer.
- Treat two or more times for optimal durability.
- Brush, roller or spray gun.
- Decide on your mode of application according to the desired finish.
- Apply uniformly wet on wet, finish by brushing in the same direction.
- Always use the same batch no. on contiguous/unbroken surfaces.
- Cold / heat can affect the viscosity of the material.
- Material temperature for spray painting, min. 15°C.
- Condensation must be prevented during drying/curing.
- Avoid working in direct sunlight.
- Cold and increased humidity extends drying time, full curing and recoating interval.
- Increased temperature and low atmospheric humidity reduce drying time and full curing.
- Always test adhesion and result before hanging.
Cool, frost-free and tightly closed
Cleaning of Tools etc.
Water and soap
- Flügger Facade Silikat meets DIN 18363, in other words, max. 5% organic materials and free from solvents.
- Silicate paint is corrosive.
- Cover window glass, metal etc, as spattering may have a dulling effect.